OUR FOCUS TOPIC-

If there's an advocacy topic you want to see discussed, or about which you wish to contribute, contact one of the blog administrators - see the list on the right side of this page. Lonely thinking changes nothing, sharing your thoughts may start a trend.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stetson Announces Summer Advocacy Program in Oxford, England

Dear Colleagues:

Like many of you I am always looking for ways to increase opportunities for my students. I am writing to let you know about a new program at Stetson that will kick off this summer - Stetson Comparative Advocacy Training at Oxford, England. The dates of the program run from 19-31 July and will take place on the grounds of St. Hughes College, Oxford University, Oxford England.


This program is another step in our continued search for the best learning experience for our students.  I am always looking for ways for us to collectively share such experiences with other schools and organizations.  Since I believe as a core value that we are all "in this together" and I wanted to let each of you know that I have some limited room for students from other schools on a first come, first served basis. It is not a lot of room, but I have reserved some slots for students from your programs. If you have an interest in bringing your students to the this program, or potentially teaching in it at some point please let me know and we'll talk.

In other posts I will also be sharing some of our other initiatives this year, including our new joint JD/LLM program for Stetson students, updates on EATS 2015, a call for nominations for the Edward Ohlbaum Professionalism Award and a request for nominations for our Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching Advocacy. 

As you can see we have a lot on our plate this year. By the way, we are also very proud of the newest members of our advocacy team - Professor Michele Joiner and Professor Stacey Rae Simcox. I've included the card announcing them joining our faculty for your consideration.


If you see them out on the road please tell them hello. I hope each of you are experiencing the best, as opposed to the worst, that life in academia has to offer and I will see you all (most of you at least), later on this year.

All the best,

Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment