― Barack Obama
- · the requirements of a comprehensive case analysis, including the legal elements of the claim or charge, the burden and level of proof, apposite particulars of the claim or charge, the strengths and limitations of the available evidence as assessed by each and all of: the substantive legal requirements, evidence law; credibility of the messengers; and, the likely atmospherics at a trial;
- · capacity to assess risk and hence to negotiate civil settlements or plea bargaining, and to be effective at sentencing hearings;
- · communication effectiveness with the mix of audiences (including lay or judicial fact finder, client, witnesses, opponent, media) not only in opening and closing but also in questioning;
- · Dramatic content in direct; and,
- · Successful indoctrination of the decision makers during cross-examination.