OUR FOCUS TOPIC-

If there's an advocacy topic you want to see discussed, or about which you wish to contribute, contact one of the blog administrators - see the list on the right side of this page. Lonely thinking changes nothing, sharing your thoughts may start a trend.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Teaching, writing, and publishing Legal Resources in the 21st Century

Dear Friends:

I have been experimenting with digital publishing over the last two years, offering books for sale on Amazon and ibooks. The ability to create materials that are focused, online, and easily updated has improved the quality of both my classroom teaching and advocacy training sessions. The possibilities are potentially game changing and I have decided to expand my work in this area, creating additional potential publishing opportunities for our community.

There are some really cool things that you can do with ebooks when you have control of the process, to include insertion of video and other multimedia resources. If you would like to get a complimentary copy of an evidence book where I have done exactly that let me know and I will send you a code to download it for free from my website. That's right, I have created a website to support digital publishing for attorneys.

I am excited to announce that Practice Ready Press(C), an artisanal digital publishing house, is up and running. PRP is oriented towards creating practical, useful resources for practicing attorneys. I have spent the last year working out the kinks, and the website is now live with a few select titles. I intend to populate it with a variety of resources from multiple authors over the next year. If you are interested you can check it out at www.practice-ready-press.com.

Many of you have some wonderful ideas about teaching advocacy and publishing, but have not put pen to paper - yet. If you fit into that category and are interested in exploring the ebook route I would love to talk with you. If you want to submit a proposal for publication you can email me at chrose3@chrpublishing.com and we'll discuss possibilities.

I look forward to talking with some of you about this project, and seeing many more of you at EATS this year. Finally, If you are going to to be at AALS this January in New Orleans look me up - Pam and I both going to be there.

Wishing you a blessed Holiday season,

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment