OUR FOCUS TOPIC-

If there's an advocacy topic you want to see discussed, or about which you wish to contribute, contact one of the blog administrators - see the list on the right side of this page. Lonely thinking changes nothing, sharing your thoughts may start a trend.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lest We Forget . . . The Importance of Good Storytelling

While hyperlinking my way through cyberspace today, I stumbled on a great article in Psychology Today, The Inside Story, about the central importance of storytelling to the human condition. I intend to share it with my students, because it expresses the why of good storytelling much better than I've been able to. In my experience, many advocacy students experience difficulty finding the story at the heart of the case. This affects their case analysis, presentation of witnesses and ability to persuade a jury. So I'm always on the lookout for ways to help teach them this valuable skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment